11/29/2008

Clan Update!

So, it's been a long while since I've updated on my entire clan, so I figured I should. I started out with eight of my crabs, but sadly, two of the Fenwick Island crabs died. Now, I'm left with six of these crabs. Here are their stories.

Mako has been doing great. He is looking up to par and is also very healthy. He likes to walk around a lot and he enjoys eating. It's funny because since I've had him the longest, he really isn't afraid of my hand or the camera anymore.


Shinto Tetracolor is doing great also. He's only molted once since I've had him, but his color is much darker than Mako's. It's funny that Mako has never really darkened up while I've had him, despite the good foods that I feed him. Anyway, Shinto is looking great, but he is in the same type of shell as Mako!

Pompeii is doing amazing! She recently completed her fourth molt with me and she is finally losing her baby blue colors. When I compared her old picture to her after-molt picture, it's amazing to see the differences! She really is darkening up.

Ryukyu, the Viola, is also doing great. I'm not sure if he is planning on a molt, but he has been digging down for the past few weeks. It may be the winter weather that is forcing him underground. Either way, he is also looking great and is very healthy.


Kamranga, one of my Fenwick Island micros, is doing the best out of all of the Fenwick Island crabs. She is extremely healthy and has molted once or twice with me. She likes to hang out on the resin log and is very active. I am happy she is doing so well and I am expecting her to have a long life with me.


Sayang, one of my Fenwick Island micros, is not doing so great at the moment. I was moving one of my waterdishes out of the way and I found her underneath the dish with only two of her legs left. Her pinchers and another pair of legs were completely gone! I placed her in a shell pit with honey for isolation, but she seemed pretty active and wanted to get out of there (she was even shell shopping!), so I moved her down and somehow (don't ask me!) she managed to dig down underneath the substrate with only two legs!

So, that is basically the entire clan. I am hoping to find another Ecuadorian for Pompeii still, and hopefully another Viola for Ryukyu. I feel bad that Pompeii hasn't had any communication with any Ecuadorians in the past few months, but I am hoping I will find one soon for her. I am also hoping to find some Straws in the area.

The tank is needing a deep clean by the end of December, so you can expect a post about that soon!

No comments: