8/20/2008

The Dream...

I've been thinking about my future with land hermit crabs a lot lately. As I am currently a teenager (I know, surprising, isn't it?), I'm not sure if land hermit crabs will always be a part of my life. While I wish they may remain my hobby and passion, I have no clue where the future will take me.

Anyway, this is my dream for the future of land hermit crabs (if they remain in the pet industry). It is a pretty large dream, and hopefully, one day, I will be able to accomplish it.

I hope to first start a real website. I would like it to include a blog, a few pages on crab care, an online store, and a page for a "Hermit Crab Rescue". The name I've chosen for my Piczo site is Hermit Crab Central, but lately, I've been thinking The Coenobita Center sounds more cool. 8)

The blog will be titled Kilimanjaro's Hermits. I really enjoy posting regularly on the blog, and I hope you've realized that by now.

The pages on crab care will be similar to those on Hermit Crab Central. Beginner's Guide, Current Articles, Harvestables, Newsletter, you know, the entire works.

The online store will hopefully feature my "Mount Kilimanjaro" kibbles which I am currently working on. Because of the lack of organic, dry kibbles, I am hoping to add a source out there for more crabbers who are into natural diets.

The largest program I am hoping to run is the Hermit Crab Rescue. I think it would be great to have adoptions coming in and going out. Of course, I would have a rescue tank. I would rescue some crabs from bad conditions and all of that stuff. I think it would be a great idea to start a rescue like this. I'd have to have prices on the crabs and also have some type of shipping cost. I would need crabs shipped to me (which I would pay) and then have crabs shipped out with a low cost (which the customer would pay). In the end, there would be a small profit, but that would be for the maintenance of the rescue tank and site.

So, those are my dreams one day. Will they happen?

Only the future can tell.

No comments: