7/24/2009

The 55 Gallon Project

Wow, I can't believe that it's finally beginning. After much dreaming and wanting, The 55 Gallon Project that I've been wanting to start is finally coming to reality.

Although I do not own the 55G aquarium yet, I purchased all of the supplies I'm going to need today from three different sources.

I made a Petco order for $160. You can imagine how much stuff I got from there to fill up the 'tat. I also have decorations from the 20L that I'll be transferring.

I made an order at the Hermit Crab Patch for $60 or so. I ordered some shells, a digital gauge, and a few other things that I'll need that I wanted to get from here rather than Petco.

And finally, Wal-Mart. A shower caddy and two tupperware containers for deep pools. I must admit that I was angry to find a digital temperature/humidity gauge here for $7 when I paid $20 for one at the Hermit Crab Patch.

I'll be sure to post an update when the whole project is finished. Right now, I can't wait a week for my stuff to come in!

No comments: