1/02/2009

ZooMed's Can O' Crickets

I've always wanted to give my land hermit crabs a different source of protein. There is a little talk in the crabbing community that says that land hermit crabs would eat dead insects in the wild. Immediately, I thought of the different possibilities I could do!
I managed to find a few earthworms on my sidewalk and I gave them to the crabs. They loved the earthworms! Both of the dried
worms I placed in were gone.
I knew that there had to be another source of bug protein, and I figured that I would have to buy freeze-dried crickets. I was surprised when I found this product at the pet store!
Can O' Crickets was a great product that my crabs have been enjoying as of now. The crickets smell pretty bad, but the crabs can't seem to pass them up. I would definitely recommend this product.
I am currently looking for the Can O' Snails at my pet store to try out some snail!

No comments: