11/01/2008

Happy Halloween Update!



Happy Halloween, everyone!

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time; I've had a lot of school work on my hands and hardly no time for leisure activities. The crabs are doing great, besides on death of the Fenwick Island Crabs (Komodo). He had molting troubles and may have been attacked. Other than that, everyone is doing great!
I am going to try to post more often and make it a habit. As for now, I'd just like to put it out there that my crabs have loved pumpkin! If you still have any parts of that jack-o-lantern left, don't hesitate to give it to the crabs as a treat (if the pumpkin is dry, a couple hours in a pool of freshwater should rehydrate it).

Not to mention, pumpkin is a great color enhancer, too!



Don't forget that it's pomegranate season, too! My crabs love the crushed seeds of a good pomegranate. Pomegranates are great in antioxidants and are very nutrient-rich. The dark color of the seeds may also induce color changes, but this is unstudied. I haven't tried offering the white parts of the pomegranate (because they taste nasty anyway), but the seeds are definitely a hit here! Try it!

1 comment:

Hurrrmit said...

Don't forget about the posting regularly